Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY sharpie mug.

YAY for DIY's. I am almost positive that all of you have seen this tutorial already but I thought 'what the heck, I might as well just do it.' so here you go.



What You Need: Mug, Sharpie (paint sharpies work best), alcohol wipe, and oven! 


Stupid camera wouldn't focus on the mug:(



Being Amy.




Okay, once you have the supplies, think about what you want to put on your mug.





(Again the stupid camera wouldn't focus, but I thought this was too funny not to post.)

This is my "I'm Thinking" pose. So, I forget to take a picture of this next step so I'll just explain it. Basically take White vinegar, acetone, or rubbing alcohol and wipe down the surface of you mug. 



Start with the outline of your design.




Then begin coloring it in.




(please excuse my messy work space behind me)



After that, place in a non-pre-heated oven, at 425 degrees.



For 30 minutes. Make sure you leave your mug in the oven (while the oven is off.) until the mug is completely cooled.


Then your done! Enjoy your new mug!

No comments:

Post a Comment